Saturday, January 04, 2020

The Spirit Of The Lord Is Upon Me, For He Has Anointed Me To Bring Good News To The Poor. He Has Sent Me To Proclaim That Captives Will Be Released …


The Spirit Of The Lord Is Upon Me,
For He Has Anointed Me To Bring Good News To The Poor.
He Has Sent Me To Proclaim That Captives Will Be Released …
Scripture
Luke 4
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
    for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released,
    that the blind will see,
that the oppressed will be set free,
19 and that the time of the Lord’s favor has come.
Observation
After Jesus read Isaiah 61:1-2 from the scroll that day in the synagogue and declared that He was the fulfillment of that Messianic promise, the people got angry and wanted to kill him.
You and I, as followers of Jesus Christ, have also been called to share the Good News, to set captives free from sin, and to help the spiritually blind to see.
God's plan to bring light into this dark evil world is centered around us! We are God's hope for this lost and dying world! God's plan to change this world is to use us to do it. He has no plan “B” if plan “A” doesn't work.
And plan “A” is going to work. I know because I just read the book of Revelation last week and I know how all of this is going to end!
Application
I want God to use me to help someone know and accept the Good News of Jesus Christ.
How about you? It is a great prayer for 2020 – “Lord, use me to help someone come out of spiritual darkness this year and into the light!”
Matthew 5:14-16
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 
15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to be used by You in 2020. I want You to place me in the path of those who are living in spiritual darkness so I can help them to walk in the Light. Jesus is the Light of the world. The world is so dark right now. It desperately needs the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Give me boldness, Lord. Give me Your heart for the people around me. Open up doors of ministry both to me and to any person that may be reading this blog today. Use us, Lord. Put us right where You want us and then help us be the light that You want us to be.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 9,10,11; Luke 4



No comments: