Saturday, January 25, 2020

But You Will Receive Power When The Holy Spirit Comes Upon You. And You Will Be My Witnesses …


But You Will Receive Power
When The Holy Spirit Comes Upon You.
And You Will Be My Witnesses …
Scripture
Acts 1
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Observation

Have you ever heard the old saying, “Can't died in the cornfield”?
I heard it when I was growing up. I can't remember whether it was my Dad or my Mom or my Granny who said it, but I have never forgotten it. I thought about that saying this morning when I read the first chapter of Acts.
Maybe you are struggling with something right now and maybe you are thinking, “I can't do this”, well to you I say, “Can't died in the cornfield and oh yes, my friend, you can.
If you and I are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ then we have received the power of the Holy Spirit, which is the very Spirit of God Himself.
Philippians 4:13
13 for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power.
Application
I “can” do all things through Christ who gives me strength!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know people who are very sick and who are thinking that they just can't make it. Show them that they can rely on You and the power of Your Holy Spirit to get them through this difficult time. The same Power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead lives in me. Don't ever let me say that I can't do something. I know to say it is to say a lie. Nothing is too hard for You. And You live in me!

Romans 15:13
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 12,13; Psalms 21; Acts 1



No comments: