Sunday, January 12, 2020

That Is Why I Tell You Not To Worry About Everyday Life – Can All Your Worries Add A Single Moment To Your Life?


That Is Why I Tell You
Not To Worry About Everyday Life –
Can All Your Worries Add A Single Moment To Your Life?
Scripture
Luke 12
22 Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 
23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. 
24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 
25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 
26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?
27 “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 
28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
29 “And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. 
30 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. 
31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.
32 “So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.
33 “Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in heaven! And the purses of heaven never get old or develop holes. Your treasure will be safe; no thief can steal it and no moth can destroy it. 
34 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
Observation
If you and I are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ then He will certainly take care of us. I love this passage.
If you are worried about your finances or if you are worried about your health or the health of a loved one may I suggest reading and re-reading this passage and I would also throw in Philippians 4:6-7, I Peter 5:7, Psalm 55:22, and Matthew 6 too!
God tells us over and over again not to worry and He tells over and over because we are hard-headed, at least I know that I am.
He will certainly take care of us. Why do we have so little faith?” (Luke 12:28 personalized)
Bottom line here is all we have to do, “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.” Luke 12:31 & Matthew 6:33)
Application
As long as I put God first He has promised to take care of everything I need. I have no need to worry.
How about you? Do you find yourself stressed out and worried today?
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 5:7
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Psalm 55:22
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, every time that I start to worry please remind me of these Scriptures. Remind me that You have promised to take care of me and that You have told me not to worry. I know that when I worry that it is a lack of faith on my part. Help me to hold on to every one of Your promises. Help me to walk by faith.
I pray for my friend Billy Slinker today as we have the Celebration of Life Service for his wife Bonnie this afternoon. Comfort him. Surround him with friends and family who will help him as he grieves this loss. Encourage him today through all that is done.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 29,30; Luke 12



No comments: