Thursday, January 30, 2020

Then Make Two Cherubim From Hammered Gold, And Place Them On The Two Ends Of The Atonement Cover.


Then Make Two Cherubim From Hammered Gold,
And Place Them
On The Two Ends Of The Atonement Cover.
Scripture
Exodus 25
18 Then make two cherubim from hammered gold, and place them on the two ends of the atonement cover. 
19 Mold the cherubim on each end of the atonement cover, making it all of one piece of gold. 
20 The cherubim will face each other and look down on the atonement cover. With their wings spread above it, they will protect it. 
Observation
As I was reading in Exodus this morning I came across these verses where God told Moses to make two cherubim. Have you ever read something in Scripture and then thought to yourself, “Now wait a minute?”
For some reason this question came to me as I read those verses, “How did they know what a cherubim looked like?” Sorry friend, I still don't have an answer, but I think it is a great question!
Maybe while Moses was up on the mountain in the presence of God he also saw cherubim surrounding our Heavenly Father. Who knows? (Exodus 24:9-11)
Because God's Word is living and because it is new and fresh every time we read it; it will never grow old. There will always be things in the Bible that we will not completely understand and that will always amaze us!
God's Word will always 'awe' us and make us think!
Application
As I read God's Word I will be on the lookout for new things!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You cannot reveal everything to us while we are here on Earth. We wouldn't be able to comprehend all of the splendor. I know that what You have in store for me and for all of those who call You Lord is more than we could ever grasp! I love to think and meditate on Your Word. Don't ever let me grow tired of reading it and thank You for always showing me new things to think about as I read it.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 25,26,27; Acts 6



No comments: