Friday, January 24, 2020

Didn't Our Hearts Burn Within Us As He Talked With Us On The Road And Explained The Scriptures To Us?


Didn't Our Hearts Burn Within Us
As He Talked With Us On The Road
And Explained The Scriptures To Us?
Scripture
Luke 24
32 They said to each other, “Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?”
Observation
I can't say that every day when I read God's Word that it is an Emmaus Road experience. But there are many days when I can honestly say that I know exactly what those two disciples experienced on that road that day with Jesus.
Spending time with Jesus, whether it is walking down a road, a beach, or in some other special quiet place, can be an Emmaus road experience! It happens when Jesus opens up your mind and you see something in God's Word that you have never noticed before.
It is when all of a sudden God gives you at different perspective from the Scriptures even though you may have read the passage hundreds of times before. God's Word is living and powerful. God wants to warm our hearts. Yes, He wants our hearts to burn within us, but for that to happen we must spend time with Him.
Application
I will look forward to lots of Emmaus Road experiences this year as I read through the Bible.
How about you? Will you make the commitment to read God's Word every day this year?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give me a heart that has a burning desire to be in Your Word every day. I want to experience what those disciples experienced as they walked with Jesus on the road to Emmaus. I want my heart to burn like the hearts of those two disciples did. Show me new things from Your Word. Don't ever let me get tired to reading Your Word and spending time with You. Don't let my heart grow cold.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Give them a desire to spend time in Your Word every single day. Help them not to miss a day. May Your Word burn in their hearts. May Your face shine on them today.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 9,10,11; Luke 24



No comments: