Sunday, January 19, 2020

And So, Lord Where Do I Put My Hope? My Only Hope Is In You.


And So, Lord
Where Do I Put My Hope?
My Only Hope Is In You.
Scripture
Psalm 39
7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
    My only hope is in you.
Observation
Our finances, our health, our relationships, any one of those things can cause a feeling of hopelessness in our life or in the life of a friend or a loved one.
If we try to face a crisis alone and not depend on God we can easily become hopeless. Life was never meant to be lived without depending and trusting in God from birth to death.
I was shocked a few years ago when a pastor friend of mine allowed himself, because of some problem that was unknown to me or his other pastor friends, to become so hopeless that he took his own life.
Life is so tough, life can become so difficult that if we let it hopelessness can overtake us. So what can we do so we don't give in to despair and hopelessness when adversity strikes? Because trust me, it will strike!
When life is dark and the situation is bleak and there doesn't seem any way out, when it seems hopeless, just look up! It is in times like these that we need a strong Anchor for our soul!
Let me share with you Kathy's favorite verse for you to hold on to as you go through the crisis that you are in or that you will soon find yourself in:
Hebrews 6:18b-19
Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 

19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. 
You and I better have an Anchor for our souls – Our anchor ... is Jesus!
Application
When crisis comes I will put my trust in the Anchor of my soul … Jesus!
Psalm 25:5
Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Psalm 31:24
So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!
Psalm 33:22
Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that desperate times will come in my life. I know that there will be times in my life when my only hope is in You alone. Don't ever let me forget that You are my hope. You are my strong Anchor. Don't ever let me get to the point of hopelessness. Always show me that I can trust in You. Even when I walk through the valley of death I know that You will be right there with me to welcome me home.
Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.

He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.

    He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.

Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.

You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 47,48; Psalms 10; Luke 19: I added: Psalm 19, Psalm 39; Proverbs 19



No comments: