Friday, January 17, 2020

Listen To My Voice In The Morning, Lord. Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.


Listen To My Voice In The Morning,
Lord.
Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.
Scripture
Psalm 5
3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.
Psalm 37
7 Be still in the presence of the Lord,
    and wait patiently for him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
    or fret about their wicked schemes.
Observation
Kathy's niece, Terri, is having surgery today. We are praying. A few minutes ago, we had prayer with Terri, asking our Heavenly Father to take care of every detail of this surgery, and so now we will wait patiently and expectantly.
Both Psalm 5:3 and Psalm 37:7 tell us to stop, to listen, to be patient, but also to wait expectantly for God to come through.
Our prayers are not just wishful thinking.
James 5:16b says,The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” Psalm 27:14 tells us to wait patiently for the Lord, and the verse also tells us that while we are waiting we need to be brave and courageous!
Psalm 27:14
Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
Application
I am patiently waiting for God to answer several of my prayer requests. In the meantime, while I patiently wait, I will be brave and courageous!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for Terri. I pray that You take care of every detail of her life. Give her a peace that is beyond understanding that only comes from trusting in You. Help her to wait patiently for You to act. Help her to be brave and courageous!
Thank You for the good report on our missionary friend Don Kennedy. Thank You for smiling on him with Your favor. You are a good, good, Father.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 42,43; Psalms 5; Luke 17; ... I added: Psalm 37



No comments: