Wednesday, January 29, 2020

And So, Lord, Where Do I Put My Hope? My Only Hope Is In You.


And So, Lord,
Where Do I Put My Hope?
My Only Hope Is In You.
Scripture
Psalm 39
7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
    My only hope is in you.

Observation

There are so many reasons to read a Psalm every day or at least very often. If and when you find yourself tired, weary, and empty, when you are discouraged, when you are down in the pit, that is the perfect time to read in the book of Psalms.

Look at all the verses that I found on hope, just from Psalms, and I could have shared even more!

You and I desperately need hope! This world is brutal! If we stray away from God's Word we could quickly begin to think that things are hopeless.

Lets not let that happen to us. I sure don't want that to happen to me.

I especially like where Psalm 130:5 says we find hope, I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.”

Psalm 33:20
We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield.
Psalm 31:24
So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!
Psalm 39:7
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.
Psalm 42:11
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!
Psalm 62:5
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
Psalm 94:19
When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
Psalm 119:114
You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.
Psalm 130:5
I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Application
The first thing I will do in the morning is spend time in God's Word. And when for some reason I can't read in the morning I will read God's Word at night, but I will be in God's Word every day.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I was never designed to live my life apart from hearing from You in Your Word on a daily basis. I was created and designed to be dependent on You. This world is too brutal to live in it apart from You. Things are too crazy. I would be hopeless without an anchor for my soul.
Thank You for giving me hope. Thank You for the thousands of promises that You have given me to hold on to when life gets tough. You have shown me in Your Word how my story is going to ultimately end. You have given me hope.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 23,24; Psalms 14; Acts 5; I added: Psalm 29, Psalm 39; Proverbs 29



No comments: