Friday, January 10, 2020

“Lord, Doesn't It Seem Unfair To You That My Sister Just Sits Here While I Do All The Work? Tell Her To Come And Help Me.” Luke 10


Lord, Doesn't It Seem Unfair To You
That My Sister Just Sits Here While I Do All The Work?
Tell Her To Come And Help Me.”
Scripture
Luke 10
38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 

39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 

40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”

41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 
42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Observation
This is a big problem for me. I don't know if it is for you or not, but I need to remind myself all the time to not worry about what the people around me are doing or not doing and just focus on what God has called me to do.
It is so easy for us to compare our selves with those around us. It is also very easy, at least for me, to see what other people could do or should be doing.
There is only one thing that I should be concerned about and that one thing is to serve the Lord with all my heart, with all my soul, and with all my might.
I serve an Audience of One. And His name is Jesus!
Application
When I am tempted to critique what someone else is doing or not doing I will remember the story of Martha, Mary, and Jesus in Luke 10:38-42.
How about you? Will you serve an Audience of One?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to keep my eyes on You and not worry about what everybody else is doing or not doing. Give me a servant's heart. Help me to make those around me successful in all that You have called them to do.
I pray for every leader at our church. Bless them, Lord. Give them a fresh vision for the work that You have called them to do. Meet the needs that they have so they can totally focus on what You want them to do. Keep them away from stupid sins that will mess up their walk with You.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 25,26; Psalms 6; Luke 10



No comments: