Monday, January 06, 2020

“So Why Do You Keep Calling Me 'Lord, Lord'! When You Don't Do What I Say?”


So Why Do You Keep Calling Me 'Lord, Lord'!
When
You Don't Do What I Say?”
Scripture
Luke 6
46 “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? 
47 I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. 
48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. 
49 But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house right on the ground, without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”
Observation
2020 will be a great year for each one of us if we will just do what the Lord tells us to do! Obedience is the key to experiencing a blessed life and that is not just me saying that … it is exactly what God says in His Word.
Here are just a few verses, but I am sure that you could find a lot more:
Ephesians 6:1-3
1 Children, obey your parents because you belong to the Lord, for this is the right thing to do. 
2 “Honor your father and mother.” This is the first commandment with a promise: 
3 If you honor your father and mother, “things will go well for you, and you will have a long life on the earth.”
(I wanted to put this one in just in case one of my grown kids or one of my grandkids happens to read this blog.)
Psalm 128:1
1 Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him.
2 Chronicles 31:21
21 In everything that he undertook in the service of God’s temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered.
Luke 11:28
He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”
Application
I intend to read God's Word every day this year and put what I read into practice the best that I can.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that the key to living a blessed life is to obey what You say. I know that I can't call Jesus the Lord of my life if I am living in disobedience. Help me to live in a close relationship with You. Don't let me do stupid sins that mess up my walk with You and mess up my relationship with those around me. Show me when I sin and help me confess that sin as soon as I commit it.
I pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Help them live lives of obedience this year. Bless them, Lord, as they put You first in their lives.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 15,16,17; Luke 6



No comments: