Wednesday, January 08, 2020

He Replied, “My Mother And Brothers Are Those Who Hear God's Word And Put It Into Practice.”


He Replied,
My Mother And Brothers Are Those Who
Hear God's Word And Put It Into Practice.”
Scripture
Luke 8
19 Now Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. 

20 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.”

21 He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”
Observation
I wonder if Jesus' mother and His brothers heard what He said? We do know that two of His brothers became believers, His brother James and His brother Jude.
You and I can have a very close relationship with Jesus if we will just hear God's Word and put it into practice.
Going to church and being part of a community group helps us apply Luke 8:21.
Have you been missing church? Have you gotten lax in your participation in a small group? This Wednesday (today) our community groups and our children and youth ministries crank back up. Come join us! 5:30 PM for dinner. 6:30 PM for community groups. We meet at the church 300 E. Sligh Ave.
Application
I am looking forward to being a part of our men's community group that meets Wednesday nights at 6:30 PM.
How about you? Why don't you come and join us on Wednesday evenings?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me hear Your Word and help me to put it into practice. I want to be close to Jesus. Help me to have faith like Abraham, even though he was 100 years old, he never quit believing that You were going to give him a son. And later he was willing to sacrifice his son on the altar because he believed that if his son died that You would bring him back to life. Give me that kind of faith, Lord.
I pray for healing for my friends and family members who are going through sickness. Encourage them today, Lord. Give them strength.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 20,21,22; Luke 8



No comments: