Sunday, January 26, 2020

Each Of You Must Repent Of Your Sins And Turn To God


Each Of You Must Repent Of Your Sins
And
Turn To God
Scripture
Acts 2
36 “So let everyone in Israel know for certain that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, to be both Lord and Messiah!”
37 Peter’s words pierced their hearts, and they said to him and to the other apostles, “Brothers, what should we do?”
38 Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
39 This promise is to you, to your children, and to those far away—all who have been called by the Lord our God.”
 40 Then Peter continued preaching for a long time, strongly urging all his listeners, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation!”
41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all.
Observation
This could be a message on a sign that a man or woman might hold up out in the parking lot as you approach the Football Stadium for a Bucs or a USF football game, or you might see it on a corner at Ybor held by a street preacher.
Simon Peter preached those words and 3,000 people were saved that day!
But if I shout it at people in an angry or condemning way then I don't think I will have the same results as Peter did!
Peter himself said that this is how I should talk to people about the Lord ...
1 Peter 3:15-16  “Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. But do this in a gentle and respectful way. ...”
Application
I want to be used by God to tell people about Jesus and see them come to Christ.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me speak to people in a way that helps them move closer to You. Give me compassion for the people I speak to. Help me to be alert and sensitive to the needs of others. Don't let me think only of myself.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 14,15,16; Acts 2



No comments: