Monday, January 13, 2020

For You Are My Hiding Place; You Protect Me From Trouble.


For You
Are My
Hiding Place; You Protect Me From Trouble.
Scripture
Psalm 32
7 For you are my hiding place;
    you protect me from trouble.
    You surround me with songs of victory.
Observation
Do you have a hiding place?
King David had a hiding place. His hiding place wasn't really in a cave, or in the forest, his hiding place was the Lord.
Even though at times, and there were many, that David found himself hiding in a cave from King Saul or hiding from his own son, Absalom, but even then, David knew where his real hiding place was.
Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! 
Psalm 37
39 The Lord rescues the godly;
    he is their fortress in times of trouble.
40 The Lord helps them,
    rescuing them from the wicked.
He saves them,
    and they find shelter in him.
Application
My hiding place is the Lord.
How about you? Where is your hiding place?
Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3     He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
4 Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
Psalm 17:8
Guard me as you would guard your own eyes. Hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 61:4
Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings!
Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are all I need. You are my hiding place. Shelter me and hide me in the shadow of Your wings. Your faithful promises are my armor and my protection. You protect me from trouble.
Psalm 56:11
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
Psalm 3
3 But you, O Lord, are a shield around me;
    you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.
4 I cried out to the Lord,
    and he answered me from his holy mountain. Interlude
5 I lay down and slept,
    yet I woke up in safety,
    for the Lord was watching over me.
6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
    who surround me on every side.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 31,32,33; Luke 13; I added: Psalm 32; Psalm 118; Proverbs 12



No comments: