Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Heaven And Earth Will Disappear, But My Words Will Never Disappear.


Heaven And Earth
Will Disappear,
But My Words Will Never Disappear.
Scripture
Luke 21
33 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.
Observation
We live in a world where almost everything is designed to only last for a little while, just for a short time: like cars, cell phones, computers etc. And doesn't it seem like almost everything is made out of plastic! Fortunately there is one thing that is going to last forever. It is the Word of God.
The most valuable thing that I own is a Bible that Kathy gave to me way back in the early 1970's when God called me into the ministry. It is old and beat up but what it contains inside will last forever.
God's Word is powerful. It is living. There is nothing more valuable for me to share with someone than God's Holy Word.
I talked to a mother last night who was so stressed out that she ended up in the hospital. All the stress was causing her to experience chest pains. In tears she blurted out to me, “I know that all of this has happened because of all the stress that I am under.”
She then explained that she was trying to take care of her Mom, who was now living with her, that had full blown dementia, she was dealing with her teenage daughter that was struggling emotionally and acting out, and on top of all of that she was in the middle of training for a new job so that she could take better care of her family financially.
As I listened to her I immediately felt her pain and I had compassion for her because a lot of what she was sharing I had personally been through myself.
So what did I do after listening to her share her story? What would you have done?
Well here is what I did. I shared with her some Scriptures that God has used at times in my life when I was going through terrible, awful, stressful, difficult circumstances.
I didn't share them with her with the idea that by just quoting Scripture that I was going to in some way fix her situation. I shared God's Word with her because it is living, it is powerful and it is life changing!
I shared God's Word with her because I knew that it could give her hope.
Here are the verses that I shared with her:
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
I Peter 5:7
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Psalm 55:22
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Application
I will boldly, confidently, and carefully share God's Word with people who are in need.
How about you? Will you be Jesus' hands and feet?
Matthew 9:36-38
36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 
37 He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. 
38 So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, there are so many hurting people in this world who are desperately in need of hope. They need to hear about Jesus. They need to know that there is help. They need to know what You have promised us in Your Word. Give me the ability to communicate Your Word, and Your Promises, with people in a way that gives them Hope. Help me to be a good listener. Help me to feel the person's pain. I want them to know that I care about them.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 1,2; Psalms 88; Luke 21



No comments: