Friday, May 27, 2011

And We Know...

Proverbs 4; Proverbs 5; Proverbs 6; Romans 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


And We Know...

Scripture

Romans 8

28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Observation

This week I found out that a very good friend of ours is getting ready to have open heart surgery. And I also heard this week that another very good friend of mine found out that prostate cancer that he has already been through treatment for has returned to pay another visit. As I read this verse I thought about both of them. The word “everything” in this verse would include “open heart surgery” and “prostate cancer”.

God's promise to His children is that He will cause “everything” to work together for the good of those who Him. I know it is true.

My one friend that has to have the heart surgery was already praising God because they found the problem (3 blocked arteries, 70%, 80%, 90%) before he had a heart attack. Romans 8:28 already at work!

Just having a Heavenly Father that will walk with us through these difficult times is a huge encouragement. We are not like those that are without hope.

Application

I will pray for my friends knowing that God is going to take care of them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are Healer. I pray for both of my friends today. I ask You to work Mightily in their lives. Show them how Good you are and how much You Love them. I pray that during this time of sickness they will see Your Hand at work in their lives. Give them strength. Give them opportunities to shine for You. May they bring You honor and glory. May they totally trust in You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: