Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Give Your Burdens to the Lord

Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading
2 Samuel 19; 2 Samuel 20; Psalm 55; Matthew 28


Give Your Burdens to the Lord

Scripture

Psalm 55

16 But I will call on God, and the Lord will rescue me.

17 Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress,
and the Lord hears my voice.

22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
and he will take care of you.

Observation

Have you ever thought about the struggle King David had his entire life? There were always people trying to kill him. Have you ever counted up all of his enemies? Out of these struggles come the Psalms that were written many of them by David when people were trying to destroy him. Joab was no friend, and David was not able to do anything about his betrayal until his death but right before he died he told Solomon to take care of him.

Application

I will roll off my burdens onto the Lord and He will take care of me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know the things that burden my heart today. I roll them off on You. I call on You and I know that You hear my prayers and I know that You will answer me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Rick Morgan said...

David had it a lot worse than I have, certainly God will help me with my little problems.

Eddy Williams said...

Yep, we usually only think of about all the great things David did and how God used him. We stop and think about the kind of life he lived most of his life. He spent most of his life running from people that were trying to kill him... Saul and then his own son. We have it made compared to what he had to endure.