Tuesday, May 31, 2011

True Worship

Proverbs 16; Proverbs 17; Proverbs 18; Romans 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

True Worship

Scripture

Romans 12

“...I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.”

Observation

People that fuss and complain about a Sunday morning worship service have completely missed how we are to truly worship the Lord. When we give our bodies to God and offer them as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable then what happens on Sunday mornings in corporate worship is just “icing on the cake”!

I am glad when our worship service goes well on Sunday morning but I am not glad for myself I am glad for the others that are attending. This past Sunday there was a lot of decisions for Christ. A lot of people publicly expressed a desire to move closer to the Lord and that is what I get excited about.

I try not to get wrapped up on whether the music was too loud or stuff like that because true worship is what happens before I even get to the church. It is a daily choice of giving God my body as a living sacrifice and keeping it pure and acceptable to Him.

Application

I will strive to keep my body a living sacrifice to God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this morning I give You my body as a living sacrifice. Help me to keep myself clean and pure. I want to keep myself acceptable to You. Worshiping You starts right now. It is not just on Sunday morning.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: