Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Will Not Be Afraid

Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading
2 Samuel 18; Psalm 56; Matthew 27

I Will Not Be Afraid

Scripture

Psalm 56

3 But when I am afraid,
I will put my trust in you.

Observation

Do you ever get afraid? Fear is a terrible thing. I am not usually afraid of people, but there has been a few times on the mission field where I definitely was afraid of those around me. Usually my fears deal with the possibility of a failure on my part or fear when things out in the future are so uncertain. When fear comes over me I am reminded where or better yet Who I should put my trust in.

God loves me. He loves you. He wants to walk through life with us. He desires to be close to us. He is as close as we let Him be. The distance between us and God is what we put there not Him. David understood this and he turned to God when things looked bleak or impossible. Most of his life was spent running away from people that wanted to kill him... Think about that!

Application

When I am afraid I will trust in the Lord.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know my fears. You know what causes me not to sleep at night. You are my fortress! You are the wall around me. I put my trust in You. You are my protector. You are my strength. I will not fear.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: