Sunday, May 15, 2011

Is This Something That Would Please God?

1 Chronicles 25; 1 Chronicles 26; 1 Chronicles 27; 1 Thessalonians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Is This Something That Would Please God?

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 4

7 God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives.

Observation

When I hear of someone trying to justify something that they are doing whether it is drinking, gambling, etc. they miss the whole point of God's Word. God has called us to live holy lives. Is what I am doing something that God would do? Does it bring Him Glory. If it doesn't bring Him glory then it definitely wouldn't be considered something that is pure.

What am I doing that would not bring God glory and honor? If I can think of some things then those are the things that keep me from living a holy life.

Application

I will change anything that I am doing that would not bring God honor and glory as He brings it to my attention.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have called me to be holy. Help me stay away from things that cause me to sin. And show me anything habit in my life that keeps me from being holy and pure.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: