Friday, May 06, 2011

What Are You Willing To Sacrifice?

2 Samuel 11; 2 Samuel 12; Psalm 51; Matthew 23
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

What Are You Willing To Sacrifice?

Scripture

Psalm 51

16 You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one.
You do not want a burnt offering.
17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

Observation

Sacrifice! What sacrifice are you willing to make? How about the sacrifice of a broken spirit. Humility and brokenness is a sacrifice that God loves to accept. Pride is not something that gets us very far with God.

David had just sinned with Bathsheba and the prophet Nathan was sent by God to let David know that he wasn't going to get away with that sin!
David realized his need for forgiveness and repentance and cried out to God for God to forgive him.

Application

People need forgiveness. God accepts the sacrifice of a broken and contrite spirit. I will guard myself from making the same exact sin as David.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, guard my eyes so I don't do anything stupid like King David did. Help me to stay focused on the main thing which is sharing my faith and helping others grow in Christ. Help me to do just that.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: