Tuesday, May 03, 2011

So You Want To Lead?

2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

So You Want To Lead?

Scripture

Matthew 20

26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. 28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Observation

Everybody wants to be the boss. Everybody wants to be the top dog. Jesus says that the way to be a true leader is to be a slave. If you want to be a leader then you must become a servant.

Are you willing? Am I?

The disciples were desiring the top positions in the Kingdom of Heaven and Jesus warned them that to even come close to getting those positions it would mean terrible suffering and hardship.

Slavery is not something that we embrace, but Jesus said that you and I must become slaves to those that we want to lead. Are we willing? We better count the cost.

Application

I want to be a servant/slave today to those around me so I can lead.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me serve those around me like Jesus would do if He was walking this earth today. Give me Your heart for people.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: