Monday, May 23, 2011

Even When There Was No Reason For Hope

2 Chronicles 6; 2 Chronicles 7; Psalm 135; Romans 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Even When There Was No Reason For Hope

Scripture

Romans 4

17 “...This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing.

18 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations.”

Observation

Are you at the end of your rope? Do you feel that there is no reason for hope? May I suggest that you take your eyes off of your circumstances and put them on the God who brings the dead back to life and creates new things out of nothing!

You and I never have to be hopeless. There is always hope for us when we look up and place our trust in our God that keeps His promises. Do you know any promise that God has made that He hasn't kept?

Application

I will trust Him with the details of my life today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, life continues to go on day after day and circumstances that bombard us can wear us down. You are the God who can create something new out of nothing. You are the God that can take something dead and breathe life back into it. Abraham believed in You when it seemed hopeless for him. You did the impossible and gave them a child in their old age. I know that You can do the same thing for me. I need to trust You. Today Lord I hold onto Your promises. I am counting on You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: