Saturday, March 16, 2013

Brothers And Sisters, God Chose You To Be His. Think About That!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 30; Deuteronomy 31; Psalm 40; 1 Corinthians 1 

Brothers And Sisters,

God Chose You To Be His.

Think About That!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 1 

26 Brothers and sisters, God chose you to be his. Think about that!

26 Brothers and sisters, God chose you to be his. Think about that! Not many of you were wise in the way the world judges wisdom. Not many of you had great influence, and not many of you came from important families.
 
27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise. He chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 And God chose what the world thinks is not important—what the world hates and thinks is nothing. He chose these to destroy what the world thinks is important.
 
29 God did this so that no one can stand before him and boast about anything. 30 It is God who has made you part of Christ Jesus. And Christ has become for us wisdom from God. He is the reason we are right with God and pure enough to be in his presence. Christ is the one who set us free from sin. 31 So, as the Scriptures say, “Whoever boasts should boast only about the Lord.”

Observation

God chose the weak things. He chose the foolish things. He chose us.

He did this so we could not stand before Him and boast about anything. Our only boast can be about what Christ has done for us!

If you are a Christ follower it is because you have been chosen by God to be one of His children.

As I read today about the children of Israel in Deuteronomy 30 & 31 and how God would bless them and take them into the Promised Land. I read how they were His chosen people from among all the other nations. It made me think about how special it is for me to have the opportunity to know Christ and to be a part of the family of God.

His face shines on me. I am His delight. I have been chosen to live differently than the rest of the world. If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ then your life should be different too.

Application

I will think all day about my special relationship with God that I have through the Lord Jesus Christ. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, how very well this morning do I realize that I am a sinner. There is nothing good in me but Christ. I don’t deserve to be one of Your children but I am so very grateful that I am. Help me be obedient to Your Word. I want to live in a way that makes You smile. May Your face continue to shine on me.



Bless our church. I pray that You give Pastor Bruce and Heather strength and wisdom today to lead us. I pray for our leadership team that You guide them with Your Holy Spirit. 

O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.
    Your plans for us are too numerous to list.
    You have no equal.
If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds,
    I would never come to the end of them. Psalms 40:5


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: