Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The People Of Israel Served The LORD Throughout The Lifetime Of Joshua


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 23; Joshua 24; Psalm 44; 1 Corinthians 11

The People Of Israel

Served The LORD

Throughout The Lifetime Of Joshua

Scripture

Joshua 23

23 The years passed, and the Lord had given the people of Israel rest from all their enemies. Joshua, who was now very old, called together all the elders, leaders, judges, and officers of Israel. He said to them, “I am now a very old man. You have seen everything the Lord your God has done for you during my lifetime. The Lord your God has fought for you against your enemies.

31 The people of Israel served the Lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him—those who had personally experienced all that the Lord had done for Israel.

Observation

 Joshua was mentored by Moses to lead the Israelites into the Promise Land. During the entire time that Joshua led the children of Israel they served the LORD and continued to serve Him during the lifetime of all the elders who outlived Joshua.

Godly leadership like Joshua’s is rare. When you have a good leader as your pastor you need to support him and thank God for him. Joshua was a powerful leader. His influence touched the other elders of his time and the children of Israel did great under their leadership too.

It is very important that you and I lead godly lives. We influence a lot of people. People are watching us. They are watching you. They are watching me.

Application

I will seek to live a godly life and be godly influence. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank You for placing godly men in my life to influence me. I am so grateful for the godly example of my pastor and the godly influence my pastor’s dad. I watch them as they lead and as they influence others to make stronger bolder commitments to Christ. Help me be that kind of influence. Help our pastors continue to be bold and courageous. I pray for the leadership of our church. Help them to be strong and bold and positive influences for all the people who are attending our services.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: