Saturday, March 23, 2013

It Is Love That Strengthens The Church


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 15; Joshua 16; Joshua 17; 1 Corinthians 8 

It Is

Love

That Strengthens The Church

Scripture

1 Corinthians 8 

1b… But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church.

Observation

The Apostle Paul was writing to a church that was a total mess. One of the disagreements was over whether or not food should be eaten that had been sacrificed to idols. Paul reminded them that even if they knew all the right things but didn’t show love to each other then they were missing what makes a church strong.

Love strengthens the church. How do we love one another? The best way to show love to someone is to help meet his or her needs.

Application

I will look for someone to help tomorrow when I get to church. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, direct me to someone that I can help. Give me Your heart and Your eyes for those that surround me. I pray for Pastor Bruce and Heather. Help them as they lead us. Empower Pastor Bruce to speak to us and help us to be good listeners. I pray that You lead new families to our church so that we can help them to grow. Give us the ability to love people the way You want them to be loved. Be glorified through Your church. 

I pray for my brother Rick today on his birthday. Bless my brother. May Your face shine on him. I pray that You protect him and I pray that You help him live in a way that brings You glory!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: