Wednesday, March 13, 2013

God Sent The Spirit Of His Son Into Our Hearts, The Spirit Who Calls Out, ‘Abba, Father.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 22; Deuteronomy 23; Deuteronomy 24; Galatians 4 

God Sent The Spirit Of His Son Into Our Hearts,

The Spirit Who Calls Out,

Abba, Father.”

Scripture

Galatians 4 

6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

    You can tell for sure that you are now fully adopted as his own children because God sent the Spirit of his Son into our lives crying out, "Papa! Father!" Galatians 4:6

Observation

This verse means more to me now than ever before. I am not sure why except that God’s Spirit has impressed upon me over the past several weeks the necessity to cry out to my “Abba, Father”. Not to just talk to Him, but to totally trust Him in everything and with everything that I am experiencing.

I am not spending all my time talking to my Heavenly Father about my health. He knows all about that. I am not saying that I don’t talk to Him about it (He knows how I have asked Him to be with me through all of this and He knows that I would love for Him to heal me). What I am talking about goes way beyond “me” and my health issues. 

It involves the people that surround me. It is all about the welfare of those God has brought into my life: my family, my friends, my neighbors, those I have shared Christ with at Mission Tampa. It is trusting God with all of these folks knowing that He is working in their lives. He will take care of those I pray for. He will do a work in their lives.

My conversations with my Heavenly Father lately have been all about trust. My talks with Him have been about trust and faith in a God that looks at me like I am His son. I guess what I am saying is that lately the term “Abba, Father” has a lot more meaning for me.

I have taken my worries and my fears to Him over and over and over again. And I am confident that He has my back! He is for me, not against me!

Stop. Take time to talk to your Heavenly Father today.
He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. Matthew 6:33 (NLT)


Application

Every time I begin to worry today I will talk to my Heavenly Father. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me so much. You lavish Your unfailing love on me and I don’t deserve it. You help me with situations and problems that are so big in my mind that I can’t see a way out and I know that those problems are nothing for You. There is not one of my impossible situations that are difficult for You. As I pray for the people that You have brought into my life I am confident that You will answer my prayers for them. You are my Savior. You live inside me. Your Spirit cries out for me and says to You, “Abba, Father.”

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: