Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rescue Me From The Mud; Don’t Let Me Sink Any Deeper!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 7; Joshua 8; Psalm 69; 1 Corinthians 5 

Rescue Me 

From The Mud;

Don’t Let Me Sink Any Deeper!

Scripture

Psalm 69

Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire;
    I can’t find a foothold.

 
I am in deep water,
    and the floods overwhelm me.


14 Rescue me from the mud;
    don’t let me sink any deeper!


Observation

Sinking?

Do you ever have any days like this? David was having a bad day or maybe he was having quite a few bad days!

What did David do? He did just what we must do. He called out to His Lord to save him.

13 But I keep praying to you, Lord,
    hoping this time you will show me favor.
In your unfailing love, O God,
    answer my prayer with your sure salvation.

 
14 Rescue me from the mud;
    don’t let me sink any deeper!
Save me from those who hate me,
    and pull me from these deep waters.

 
15 Don’t let the floods overwhelm me,
    or the deep waters swallow me,
    or the pit of death devour me.


16 Answer my prayers, O Lord,
    for your unfailing love is wonderful.
Take care of me,
    for your mercy is so plentiful.

 
17 Don’t hide from your servant;
    answer me quickly, for I am in deep trouble!


King David also reminds himself just how good and faithful God is and asked God to come to his rescue.

If you aren’t having a bad day right now like David was having then trust me it is coming. One of these Psalm 69 days is on its way! You may find yourself up to your eyeballs in mud and still sinking. What are you going to do? 

I am going to call on the Lord. 

Application

I am going to call on the Lord. I am going to remind him of His unfailing love. I am going to mention to Him that He is a God full of mercy. And I am going to admit that I am in deep trouble!

 Prayer

Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful. Take care of me, for your mercy is so plentiful. Don’t hide from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in deep trouble! For the Lord hears the cries of the needy; he does not despise his imprisoned people. Praise him, O heaven and earth, the seas and all that move in them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: