Tuesday, March 05, 2013

The Trip … Takes Only Eleven Days But It Was 40 Years From The Time The Israelites Left Egypt Until The Time They Came To This Place.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 1; Deuteronomy 2; Mark 12

The Trip … Takes Only Eleven Days
But It Was 40 Years From The Time The Israelites Left Egypt
Until The Time They Came To This Place.

Scripture

Deuteronomy 1

The trip from Mount Horeb through the mountains of Seir to Kadesh Barnea takes only eleven days. But it was 40 years from the time the Israelites left Egypt until the time they came to this place.

Observation

It would have only taken 11 days for the children of Israel to enter the land of Promise, but because of disobedience it took them 40 years to make the 11-day trip! An entire generation died in the wilderness with the exception of Joshua and Caleb.

Our disobedience today will keep us from enjoying all of what God has promised us too! Have you looked and added up how many things God has promised us if we will just obey Him?

Luke 11
28 But Jesus said, “The people who hear the teaching of God and obey it—they are the ones who have God’s blessing.”
Do you know what it means to have God’s blessing?

I do think that God’s blessing is conditional. Whether we are under the umbrella of God’s blessing is based on our obedience to His commands. If you and I are crazy enough to step out from under His protection and out from under His blessing He will let us. If we are His children we will not lose our salvation but we will miss out on how God would have blessed us if we had lived in obedience.

I want to have God’s blessing. How about you?

Application

I will strive to live in obedience today. I want to receive God’s blessing! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me disobey. I pray that every time I sin you make it very clear to me. It is my desire to live in way that brings you joy. I want to stay in the shadow of Your wings. Help me walk in obedience. Help me to bring You glory. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: