Thursday, March 21, 2013

Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit, Who Lives In You And Was Given To You By God



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 9; Joshua 10; Joshua 11; 1 Corinthians 6

Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit, 

Who Lives In You

And Was Given To You By God

Scripture

1 Corinthians 6

18 Run from sexual sin! 

No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

Observation

You do not belong to yourself. If we are Christ Followers we do not belong to ourselves. We have been bought at a very high price. We have been bought with the blood of His Son Jesus Christ.

So we must run from sexual sin!

I ran into an old friend this morning and he told me that he and his wife were separated. I still can’t believe it. They have been married longer than Kathy and I … and that is a long time. I don’t know what happened. Could it have been that one of them let their guard down and had an affair?

Have you set boundaries? If you have established boundaries then keep them.

Here are a few boundaries that Kathy knows I keep:

  • I will not ride in a car alone with a woman that is not my wife or one of my daughters. (Rare exception might be someone 85 years old and above to take them straight home from church!)

  • I will not counsel a woman alone in my office or anywhere else.

  • I will not eat a meal alone with a woman that is not my wife or one of my daughters.

Application

I will run from all sexual sin! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for the friend that I saw this morning. I pray that You put his marriage back together. Help me not to do anything that would mess up my marriage and destroy my family. Guard my heart, my eyes, and anything else that might draw me into sexual sin. I pray for those in our church who are struggling to stay pure. Help them to have self-control. Don’t ever let me forget that I have been bought with a price and that I am not my own. I am Your child.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: