Tuesday, March 12, 2013

So In Christ You Are All Children Of God Through Faith


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Deuteronomy 19; Deuteronomy 20; Deuteronomy 21; Galatians 3

So In Christ

You

Are All Children Of God Through Faith

Scripture

Galatians 3

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,

Observation

There is not a week that goes by when I counsel at Mission Tampa that people don’t share with me that they think that God is going to let them into Heaven because of some good deed that they have done. Not one week! Even if I share the Gospel message with the entire group before talking to them individually they will still give a works answer. Even when I just told them that there was only one way to go to Heaven and that one way was Jesus! Even after I just told them that there was only one way to go to Heaven and that one way was by putting their faith in Jesus and faith in what He did for them on the cross. 

They still answer me incorrectly. Why … because they are spiritually blind!

If we survey everyone that attends our church or if you surveyed everyone that attends your church and we asked them this question, “If you were standing before God at Heaven’s gate and God were to ask you, ‘why should I let you into my heaven?’ it would surprise us how many of our regular attenders would give a works answer! 

Don’t believe it? Try it!

You must have faith! You must have faith in Christ Jesus. 

Yesterday, as I shared my faith with a man named Jose I could see that he was beginning to understand the Gospel. The light was beginning to come on and I believe that I sowed the Gospel seed that later will give birth to Eternal Life. 

    But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 1 Peter 3:15

    Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.  Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone. Colossians 4:4-6

Application

I will try to proclaim the message of the Gospel as clearly as I can. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I have the opportunity to talk to people about their relationship with You. Help me to be clear. Help the message to be effective. Help me to share with them graciously and help me to have the right answer for them. I pray that my heart would be right with You so I can be ready to share my faith. I pray for Jose today. I pray that the Gospel would take root in his heart and I pray that he would be saved. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: