Sunday, March 24, 2013

Yes, I Try To Find Common Ground With Everyone, Doing Everything I Can To Save Some.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joshua 18; Joshua 19; Joshua 20; 1 Corinthians 9

Yes, I Try To Find Common Ground 

With Everyone,

Doing Everything I Can To Save Some.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 9

22 When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. 23 I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.

Observation

This was the secret to the Apostle Paul’s success in witnessing! He found something in common with those he was trying to reach. I know that when he was in prison he definitely had something in common with the others who were in prison. Can you imagine what it must have been like to be in same prison with Paul!

Paul was a tent maker and I just imagine that lots of tent makers became believers in Christ through hanging around Paul making tents together. It sounds like Paul became interested in whatever the people were interested in so he could share the Good News with them.

I need to do the same thing. Find common ground with people so I have the opportunity to talk to them about Jesus.

Application

I will try to find common ground with a particular friend this week that is already on my heart.  I want to see him living for Jesus!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me use my time well this week so I have time to spend with this friend. Help me find something he is interested in that I can also do so that we become better friends. So I have the opportunity to share Christ with him.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: