Sunday, March 03, 2013

Whoever Wants To Be Your Leader Must Be Your Servant


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 32; Numbers 33; Mark 10

Whoever

Wants To Be Your Leader

Must Be Your Servant

Scripture

Mark 10

43 But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.

Observation

This passage reminds me of the leader Moses as he led the children of Israel to the Promised Land. He was the most humble man on the face of the earth. When the people would come to him with their complaints the scriptures said that he would first bow low to the ground before he spoke to them.

Several times God wanted to destroy this rebellious people but Moses cried out to God and begged Him to forgive them. He was a servant-leader!

I look around at people at our church and I see those who serve faithfully week-by-week. I appreciate their strong leadership. They are true servants.

 God can do amazing things in a church that is made up of servant/leaders who don’t need to get the credit.

Application

I will keep my eyes open for these servant leaders today as I go to worship!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, some people make life so much nicer because they have servant hearts. Give me that kind of heart today. Help me to serve today. I pray for all of our leadership today. May they be like Moses – humble. Use them today as they serve in so many different places in our church. Bless those that work with our preschoolers, our children, and our youth. Bless those who greet, those who serve in food services, guest central, next steps, bread ministry and those involved in praise and worship. So many people will be serving today. Give them a servant heart that helps them to be true leaders.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: