Saturday, March 30, 2013

He Was Buried, And He Was Raised On The Third Day, Just As The Scriptures Said.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Judges 8; Psalm 42; 1 Corinthians 15

He Was Buried,

And 

He Was Raised On The Third Day, Just As The Scriptures Said.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 15

I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.
 
He was seen by Peter and then by the Twelve. After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his followers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died. Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles. Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw him.
 
54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is your victory?
    O death, where is your sting?”


56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

Observation

Jesus was raised from the dead just as the scriptures said. Our bodies will be transformed into bodies that will never die … just as the scriptures said!

I know that one day this dying body will be transformed into a heavenly body that will never die. Do you have that confidence? Do you have that assurance?

I think Easter Sunday and all that it means for us as Christ Followers makes it the most special day of the year! It is true that every Sunday we celebrate the “Resurrection” but having a day called “Easter” helps us to focus even more on what Christ did for us on the Cross!

All other religious leaders lived and died. Only Jesus Christ lived and died and came back to life! Only the Eternal Christ has the Power to Save us from our sins!


Application

 I will enjoy this Easter Weekend thinking about all that Jesus did for me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank You! You have given me victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ! Help me to be strong and immovable. Help me to always work enthusiastically for You, because I know that nothing I do for You is ever useless.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: