Friday, March 29, 2013

“Mighty Hero, The LORD Is With You!”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Judges 6; Judges 7; Psalm 52; 1 Corinthians 14

“Mighty Hero,

The LORD

Is With You!”

Scripture

Judges 6

11 Then the angel of the Lord came and sat beneath the great tree at Ophrah, which belonged to Joash of the clan of Abiezer. Gideon son of Joash was threshing wheat at the bottom of a winepress to hide the grain from the Midianites. 12 The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the Lord is with you!”

Observation

God sees the potential in us while we usually just see our weaknesses! I love how Gideon responds to the LORD, “You talking to me?” (Eddy paraphrase of Gideon’s response!)

Gideon didn’t see himself as a mighty warrior. I have to remind myself all the time that I am a chosen child of God. I am His delight. In fact, He delights in every detail of my life! 

    The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord.
        He delights in every detail of their lives.
    [24] Though they stumble, they will not fall,
        for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:23-24

God will use us to change the world one life at a time!

Application

I will trust in what God says in His word about me and I will not trust in my feelings!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am like an olive tree, thriving in Your house. I will always trust in God’s unfailing love. I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done.
I will trust in your good name in the presence of your faithful people. Psalm 52:8-9


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: