Friday, August 16, 2013

As Jesus Said, “I AM He,” They All Drew Back And Fell To The Ground!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 24; Jeremiah 22; Psalm 112; John 18

As Jesus Said,

“I AM He,”

They All Drew Back And Fell To The Ground!

Scripture

John 18

As Jesus said “I Am he,” they all drew back and fell to the ground!

Observation

I love this! Just at the spoken Word of Jesus those that came to arrest fell to the ground. There was a cohort or contingent of soldiers that had come to arrest Jesus that night along with the Jewish leaders and Judas. At least 300 men with torches, lanterns, and weapons blazing they come to arrest Jesus and at the spoken Word of Jesus they fall back and they hit the ground. They were afraid!

In that moment He could have called for a legion or a thousand legions of angels to come down and rescue Him, but He didn’t. He allowed Himself to be arrested. He allowed Himself to be tortured. He allowed Himself to be nailed to a Roman cross for you and for me!

Why not take time this morning to read John 18 and take time to thank Jesus Christ for what He did for us on the cross?

When Simon Peter cut off the ear of the High Priest slave and Jesus took and healed and restored the slave’s ear, don’t you think that those soldiers realized that Jesus could have just as easily destroyed each and every one of them? I think it surely must have crossed their minds.

Application

I will thank the Lord for what He did for me when He allowed Himself to be nailed on the cross for me.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that Jesus Christ could have destroyed any person that tried to arrest Him. I know that He didn’t have to allow them to nail Him to the cross. He did it for me. I don’t deserve it. I don’t deserve the life I have today. It is all because of Your Grace and Your Mercy that I live such a blessed life. You are King of Kings and Lord of Lord. I give You All Praise the morning. Thank You for dying on the cross for me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: