Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In My Distress I Prayed To The LORD, And The LORD Answered Me And Set Me Free. The LORD Is For Me, So I Will Have No Fear.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 21; Jeremiah 24; Jeremiah 27; Psalm 118; 1 John 2

In My Distress I Prayed To The LORD,

And The LORD Answered Me And Set Me Free.

The LORD Is For Me, So I Will Have No Fear.

Scripture

Psalm 118

In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
    and the Lord answered me and set me free.

 
The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?

 
Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me.


Observation

Yesterday afternoon I was taking our dog, “Fast Eddy” outside to do his business. It had just started to rain and a little water was on the driveway and some leaves had fallen from the huge tree in the backyard onto the driveway. It was an almost deadly combination for me! I don’t remember my feet slipping out from under me. I remember my head hitting the concrete step behind me as I hit the ground.

I reached back to the back of my head which was bleeding pretty good and I remember saying to the LORD, “Lord, I really don’t won’t to die this way!” Kathy ran outside after she heard me hit and groan! In my distress I prayed to the LORD and the LORD answered me. I started to go to the clinic to get stitches, but Nurse Kathy fixed me up with some butterfly band aid strips and I think I will make it okay! I have a good goose egg on the back of my head and a large shaved spot that probably really looks handsome. Good thing I can’t see it!

Isn’t it great that we have a Heavenly Father that is always with us Who is on our side. The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear.

 Application

I am grateful that I have a God who loves me. I will thank Him all day today for coming to my rescue. Yes, the LORD is for me; He will help me.


Prayer

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. (Psalm 118)


http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: