Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I’ll Make Your Face As Hard As Rock, Harder Than Granite. Don’t Let Them Intimidate You. Don’t Be Afraid Of Them,


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezekiel 1; Ezekiel 2; Ezekiel 3; Revelation 2

I’ll Make Your Face As Hard As Rock, Harder Than Granite. 

Don’t Let Them Intimidate You. 

Don’t Be Afraid Of Them, 

Scripture

Ezekiel 3

9 “…I’ll make your face as hard as rock, harder than granite. Don’t let them intimidate you. Don’t be afraid of them, even though they’re a bunch of rebels.”

Observation

God is giving Ezekiel a very difficult task. But He is preparing Ezekiel before Ezekiel goes to take God’s message to the people.

You have probably never had the experience of being in a meeting with a group of missionaries that have come together to discuss the work that God has called them to accomplish. If you ever had that privilege then you would understand why I thought of them when I read this verse.

I immediately thought of all of the missionaries who we have served with when I read this verse. The toughest people in the world live and serve on the mission field. I admire them. They are my heroes.

Serving in a church in the United States also requires “a special toughness”, nothing like an overseas assignment, but ministry anywhere in this world is not for wimps! God has to provide you with thick skin so the fiery darts don’t penetrate your heart. Not everyone that attends church understands or cares to follow Jesus’ command to love one another!

If you are volunteering at a church my prayer for you is that God gives you thick skin. I hope and pray that you have the tenacity of an overseas missionary and I pray that God also gives you a missionary heart!

 Application

 I will work hard to get our church members overseas in 2014 so God can give them a missionary’s heart. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have called us to reach this world for You. You will make us as tough as we need to be. Make us strong. Make us tough. Give us huge hearts. Give us the ability to love those around us. Call out Your church to reach this world for Christ. You are Mighty! You are Worthy to be Praised. Make us strong today!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: