Saturday, August 10, 2013

I Have Come As A Light To Shine In This Dark World, So That All Who Put Their Trust In Me Will No Longer Remain In The Dark.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 5; Jeremiah 6; John 12

I Have Come As A Light To Shine In This Dark World,

So That All

Who Put Their Trust In Me Will No Longer Remain In The Dark. 

Scripture

John 12

46 I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.

Observation

This past week Kathy and I had a sleep over with 7 of our 9 grandkids! Our grandson Louie, who just turned 8 yesterday, cannot sleep in the dark. Our granddaughter Tori, who is 7, cannot sleep with any lights on. Guess who won out? If you guessed Louie then you were right! The night of the sleep over they slept with a light on!

Darkness represents evil and light represents just the opposite. We live in a very evil world that is full of darkness. Just read the newspaper or stay up and watch the 11 pm news on television and you will be reminded of just how much bad stuff is happening all around us.

Jesus came to this earth to provide a Way for us to change our direction. He came to rescue us from the darkness all around us.

I like His word of encouragement to us that is found a few chapters over in the same book of John.

Jesus says, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Application

 I will not be scared of the spiritual darkness that surrounds me today because Jesus has overcome the world!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for bringing me to the Light. Thank You for saving me from the world of darkness. I remember what it was like to walk in the world of darkness and participate in all of the evil that goes with walking in darkness. Thank You for my new life in Jesus. Thank You for rescuing me from a life of sin and destruction. Thank You for giving me Eternal Life.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: