Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Heart Is The Most Deceitful Thing There Is And Desperately Wicked. No One Can Really Know How Bad It Is!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 16; Jeremiah 17; Psalm 96; John 16

The Heart Is The Most Deceitful Thing There Is

And Desperately Wicked.

No One Can Really Know How Bad It Is!

Scripture    

Jeremiah 17:9 

    "The heart is the most deceitful thing there is and desperately wicked. No one can really know how bad it is! 

Observation

This memory verse always comes to my mind when someone says to me, “I have had something on my heart”, or they say, “The Lord has put this on my heart.” Or when I have someone say about what someone else has said, “Oh, they didn’t really mean what they said … they are not really like that.” 

It causes me to smile and it causes me to recite Jeremiah 17:9 … usually to myself!

Our hearts are desperately wicked and deceitful above all things so we better watch out!

If we have a personal relationship with Christ then you and I have a new nature, but our old nature is still there too! You and I are capable of any sin …why…because the heart is the most deceitful thing there is and desperately wicked … that’s why!

So what should we do? 

    How can a young person live a clean life?  By carefully reading the map of your Word.  I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart. Psalm 119:9-11 

Application

 I will memorize a verse this week and put it in the vault of my heart!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have said in Your Word, “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.” Lord, you are my strength and fortress, my refuge in the day of trouble! I’ve banked Your promises in the vault of my heart. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: