Friday, August 09, 2013

I Am The Resurrection And The Life. Anyone Who Believes In Me Will Live, Even After Dying


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 3; Jeremiah 4; John 11

I Am The Resurrection And The Life.

Anyone 

Who Believes In Me Will Live, Even After Dying

Scripture

John 11

25 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. 26 Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. 

Do you believe this?

Observation

With out a doubt this is one of my most favorite passages in the Bible!

 Lazarus was one of Jesus’ best friends along with his two sisters Martha and Mary yet Jesus let Lazarus die. After waiting until Lazarus has been in the grave for 4 days Jesus goes to see Martha and Mary … and Lazarus.

John 11:25 is one of the most powerful promises in the Bible! It is very Good News!

Martha and Mary were both upset and probably very disappointed in Jesus that He didn’t arrive in time to keep Lazarus alive. Jesus’ response to Mary and Martha’s disappointment was this powerful statement.

After making this statement Jesus went to the tomb of Lazarus to show that He had the power to back up His promise and He called for Lazarus to come out of the grave! Lazarus bounced out of the grave still wrapped in grave clothes.

One day you and I will die, but I will never ever really die … how about you?  

Do you believe this?

Application

I will hold on to this promise today, “Anyone Who Believes In Me Will Live, Even After Dying.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, yesterday I was once again reminded with the death of one of the volunteers at the hospital just how short this life is and how quickly it comes to an end. I didn’t have the chance to talk to this person about her relationship with You. I don’t know where this person will spend eternity. I know that apart from a personal relationship with You people are lost and will spend an eternity in Hell. Give me the opportunity to share with people the Good News of John 11:25 today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: