Monday, August 26, 2013

Dear Friend, Don’t Let This Bad Example Influence You. Follow Only What Is Good.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 50; Jeremiah 51; 3 John 1

Dear Friend,

Don’t Let This Bad Example Influence You.

Follow Only What Is Good. 

Scripture

3 John 1

11 Dear friend, don’t let this bad example influence you. Follow only what is good. Remember that those who do good prove that they are God’s children, and those who do evil prove that they do not know God.

Observation

Influence! You and I can be influenced by a bad example or we can be those who are godly examples and influence others to be more like Christ.

Negative, destructive, ungodly people are even found in churches!

A friend of mine attends a church where a small group of people control the church. They have run the church for years. The pastor of this church recently resigned because this group of people wanted all of his staff removed and they wanted him to do what they said.

It is a reminder to me that I need to be a positive godly influence to those I am around. I need to focus on helping them grow in Christ. As long as I do that and follow what is good then I know that God will smile on me.

There is always the temptation to listen to a negative, destructive person. Don’t do it.

Be influenced only people who will help you be more like Jesus.

Application

Today I will follow only what is good. Today I will strive to be a godly example. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to always be a positive influence in people’s lives. Don’t let me be a bad example. I agree with the Apostle John when he said, “I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth.” You know how much joy it gives me to see how the people at our church our growing in their relationship with You. Help me to keep my focus on helping them. Thank You for our leadership. It is a joy to see how they serve You and serve the people that You have brought to our church. You are Mighty! You are Worthy of Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: