Sunday, August 11, 2013

I Hurt With The Hurt Of My People. I Mourn And Am Overcome With Grief. …Why Is There No Healing For The Wounds Of My People?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 7; Jeremiah 8; Jeremiah 9; John 13 

I Hurt With The Hurt Of My People.

I Mourn And Am Overcome With Grief.

…Why Is There No Healing For The Wounds Of My People? 

Scripture

Jeremiah 8

21 I hurt with the hurt of my people.
    I mourn and am overcome with grief.

 
22 Is there no medicine in Gilead?
    Is there no physician there?

 
Why is there no healing
    for the wounds of my people?


Observation

Jeremiah had a pastor’s heart. As you read Jeremiah 8 are you able to feel the compassion and the burden that he had for his people?

Do you care about people in the way Jeremiah did? Do I?

If you went to church today did you look out across the congregation and were you able to feel the hurts of the people. Were we able to hurt with them?

As I read John 13 today these verses jumped out that go along with what Jeremiah was feeling and saying in Jeremiah 8.

“So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." John 13:34-35

There is no way that we can truly love each other without being able to feel the hurt and pain that others are experiencing. Nothing burdens a pastor more than having to walk through life’s trials and troubles with those that God has placed under his care.  

Application

I will use today’s sermon passage as I pray for those that God places on my heart to pray for.

 Ephesians 6:18 “Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for all of those that were baptized today at Ft. Desoto Park. Help them to grow in Christ. I pray for the new people at church today that You do a Mighty work in their lives. I pray for those that are dealing with difficult situations. I pray that You give them strength and the wisdom to make the right decisions. Thank You for working so powerfully in our worship service today. I pray for those that made decisions. Help us as we seek to help them grow in Christ.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/


No comments: