Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Because The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Have Everything I Need!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Because The
Lord Is My Shepherd,
I Have Everything I Need!

Contentment … so easily lost with one click of a mouse button, or by seeing one television commercial, or reading an ad that arrives in the mail! We are bombarded daily with such great offers, deals that are so terribly hard to resist! Amazon … New Egg … Groupons … Automobile commercials etc. they are always luring us to add on to our collection of junk.

Scripture

Psalm 23

1 Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!

Observation

Contentment … so easily lost with one click of a mouse button. We are bombarded daily with such great offers, deals that are so terribly hard to resist! Amazon … New Egg … Groupons … Automobile commercials etc. always luring us to add on to our collection of junk.

When it rains like it did for 20 plus days here in Florida I was reminded that my car is showing its age. Kathy and I get soaked because our windshield has decided to leak and of course the leaks are right above both of us. We are usually able to stay dry if we remember to carry towels with us.

I have to admit that I have been tempted to crack that windshield just so my insurance company could replace the windshield and fix the leak. I have not yet yielded to that temptation!

But this car has been one of the best cars that we have ever owned. God has kept that car running for us over all these years. It is an amazing vehicle.

I am so glad to have a car and to have my own beautiful chauffer to drive me around.

Our discontentment is a slap in our Lord’s face! 

Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content. 1 Timothy 6:6-8

Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. Philippians 4:11

Application

Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have been so good to Kathy and I; five great kids, ten wonderful grandchildren, and a super church to be a part of what else could we ask for! Help me be content. Don’t let me be lured into wanting something new, something different. Don’t let me believe the lies of the enemy.

Because You Lord are my Shepherd I have everything I need. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, You find me quiet pools to drink from. 

True to Your word, You let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.  Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I’m not afraid when You walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd’s crook makes me feel secure.    

You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I’m back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.

 Psalm 23:1-6



   


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7;  Psalm 21-25

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: