Sunday, August 09, 2015

O Lord, God Of Heaven, The Great And Awesome God Who Keeps His Covenant Of Unfailing Love With Those Who Love Him And Obey His Commands


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

O Lord, God Of Heaven, The Great And Awesome God
Who Keeps His Covenant
Of Unfailing Love With Those Who Love Him And Obey His Commands

You will respond to my prayers not because of my goodness, but because of Your great and mighty promises. I stand on Your promises. I read them everyday in Your word and I know that You are faithful. You can be trusted. You will keep every single promise that You have given me in Your word. It is because of Your unfailing love for me that I can come to You with confidence this morning. “Don’t Stop Reading…”




Scripture

Nehemiah 1

[5] Then I said, "O Lord, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of unfailing love with those who love him and obey his commands,

Observation

The book of Nehemiah is a great book on leadership and chapter one of Nehemiah is a great lesson on how to approach our God in prayer! Take a couple of minutes and read chapter one this morning.

Nehemiah starts out with praise in verse five, “O Lord, God of heaven, the great and awesome God …” and that is just what we ought to do – Give Him Praise!

Next Nehemiah went directly to confession of the sins (penitence) of the children of Israel but he also confessed that he was a sinner just like them. 

Then Nehemiah reminded God of all of His promises that He had made to His children.

Nehemiah was willing to be the answer to his prayers.

He asked God to show him favor when he went before the King to ask him to let him go to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.

He prayed and fasted for 4 months and then he approached the King with his request.

Praise! Penitence! Promises!


Application

I will try this week to follow Nehemiah’s example as I pray for others.  How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are a great and awesome God! You are worthy of all praise! I come to you this morning realizing that I am a sinner just like those that I am continually praying for. I know that we don’t deserve Your mercy. We don’t deserve anything. 

Father, I pray for those that You have placed on my heart and I ask that You do a mighty work in their hearts and in their lives. I am confident that You will respond to my prayers not because of my goodness, but because of Your great and mighty promises. 

I stand on Your promises. I read them everyday in Your word and I know that You are faithful. You can be trusted. You will keep every single promise that You have given me in Your word. It is because of Your unfailing love for me that I can come to You with confidence this morning.


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 3,4; John 11; Nehemiah 1

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: