Thursday, August 13, 2015

Come And Listen, All You Who Fear God, And I Will Tell You What He Did For Me.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Come And Listen, All You Who Fear God,
And
I Will Tell You What He Did For Me.

Yes, I am living because of God’s wonderful grace. The story of how God answered your prayers and God brought me back from physical death to life is amazing to me. But just as amazing is your story and my story of how God brought us from a life of sin, a life of selfish living, lives headed for certain destruction Please keep reading …



Scripture

Psalm 66

16 Come and listen, all you who fear God,
    and I will tell you what he did for me.
17 For I cried out to him for help,
    praising him as I spoke.
18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart,
    the Lord would not have listened.
19 But God did listen!
    He paid attention to my prayer.
20 Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer
    or withdraw his unfailing love from me.



Observation

Have you watched the TV show “Answered Prayers”?

It made me cry Sunday night as people shared the miracles that God performed in their lives! It went right along with Pastor Bruce’s message about Grace when he said, “Suffering activates your faith and faith activates a miracle!”

But there is another miracle that amazes and inspires me and gives me hope it is the miracle of a life rescued from selfish living.

When a man or woman turns from a life of selfish living and finally turns and puts his or her faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and when a believer who has been living as though God doesn’t exist suddenly changes and puts God first in his or her life it is a miracle just as amazing as someone being brought back from the dead.

It gives me so much hope!

You see I am praying for people that need to turn from sin and self and turn to God.

Yes, I am living because of God’s wonderful grace. The story of how God answered your prayers and God brought me back from physical death to life is amazing to me. But just as amazing is your story and my story of how God brought us from a life of sin, a life of selfish living, lives headed for certain destruction

Your life changing stories amaze me. And for some of you who I am praying for (whose lives are still centered on me, myself, and I) your life-changing story will amaze me very soon.

Application

I am confident that I will soon hear about a life that is forever changed by the power of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have done so much for me and I love to tell about it. I cried out to You for help. I praised You. If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, Lord, You would not have listened. But You, my God did listen! You paid attention to my prayer.  Praise God, You did not ignore my prayer or withdraw Your unfailing love from me. (Psalm 66:16-20 personalized)

I pray for those who may be reading this that may need to turn from sin and self. Empower them today to say “no” to sin and self and “yes” to You.

 

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 13,14,15; John 15; Psalm 62-67

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: