Monday, August 17, 2015

Grant Me Purity Of Heart


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Grant Me
Purity
Of Heart

Kathy gave out Bibles yesterday to her 4 year olds that were graduating up to Kid City. One of the verses that she shared with them is great for us too as it helps us know what we need to do to keep a pure heart,

Scripture

Psalm 86

11 Teach me your ways, O Lord,
    that I may live according to your truth!

 
Grant me purity of heart,
    so that I may honor you.

 
12 With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God.
    I will give glory to your name forever,

 
13 for your love for me is very great.
    You have rescued me from the depths of death.


Observation

In the world we live in, a world filled with so much garbage, so much filth, and so much evil, and so many lies it seems next to impossible for us to have a pure heart. We are bombarded with trash; it comes at us from every direction. 

It can easily find a place within our hearts. 

You and I are to be different. We are supposed to be the “salt” and the “light” for those around us. 
Our lives are to be lived out in such a way that they help move people closer to Jesus. 

Is my heart “pure”? How about yours is your heart pure?  

Maybe our hearts could do with a good scrubbing as we start out this week? 

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. 1 John 1:9

Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do. Proverbs 4:23 

Jesus replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.” Matthew 22:37

Kathy gave out Bibles yesterday to her 4 year olds that were graduating up to Kid City. You may have seen pictures of the whole thing on Facebook!

One of the verses that she shared with them is great for us too as it helps us know what we need to do to keep a pure heart, 

“Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105 

I will add these two verses from the same chapter to her verse to make a point.

How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules.
I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9, 11

The only way that you and I can have pure hearts is if we are in God’s word everyday and put God’s word into practice!

Application

I will be in God’s word everyday this week. How about you?

Prayer

Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help. Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help. Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord; hear my urgent cry. I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble, and you will answer me. Psalm 86:1-7 NLT

 
Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 23,24,25; John 19; Psalm 83-87





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: