Saturday, August 29, 2015

I Have Made You A Light To The Gentiles, To Bring Salvation To The Farthest Corners Of The Earth


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Have Made You
A Light To The Gentiles,
To Bring Salvation To The Farthest Corners Of The Earth

Last week while I was greeting out at the front of the church I met a young man named Will. Robert Roush works with Will and Rob invited Will to church! I am so proud of our young people! Every week more and more people are coming to Christ Fellowship because our people have invited them. Who is on your invite list? You and I are the light of the world! Please Keep Reading 


Scripture

Acts 13

47 For the Lord gave us this command when he said,
‘I have made you a light to the Gentiles,
    to bring salvation to the farthest corners of the earth.’


Observation

Kathy and I have spent most of our married life first preparing for the mission field, (me eight years of College, University, and Seminary, Kathy, Nursing school  + 4 kids) and then finally serving our Lord in Mexico, Spain, Morocco, and Cuba as missionaries.

It has now been over 12 years since we left Mexico, and not being able to go back still kills me. Last night Kathy and I watched a movie called “McFarland” starring Kevin Costner and it brought back so many memories of Mexico and the other places where we have served!

Dr. Tommy Green, now the new Executive Director of the Florida Baptist Convention, held a meeting last week in Lakeland for pastors where he shared his vision for Florida Baptists. The most important thing he shared for me was this, “with the changes we are making in our convention structure we will be able to send more money next year to the International Mission Board, enough to put 20 more missionary families on the mission field.

I was so excited to hear this news!

You and I are the light to the world. We are the light to those around us where we work and where live.

Last week while I was greeting out at the front of the church I met a young man named Will. Robert Roush works with Will and Rob invited Will to church! I am so proud of our young people! Every week more and more people are coming to Christ Fellowship because our people have invited them. Who is on your invite list? 

You and I are the light of the world!

Application

I will remember today that I am a light to those who live around us. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am amazed at what You are doing through Your people at Christ Fellowship. Help us to do more. Help me to do more. Help us send out and help us support missionaries financially. Give us a bigger heart for missions. Thank You for Dr. Tommy Green. Give others in leadership the same kind of heart.

I pray for our church leadership as they prepare for tomorrow. Give them rest and time with their families today so that they will be ready for tomorrow!


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 4,5,6,7; Revelation 3; Acts 13



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: