Monday, August 10, 2015

The LORD Says: “Stop At The Crossroads And Look Around. Ask For The Old, Godly Way, And Walk In It. Travel Its Path, And You Will Find Rest For Your Souls.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The LORD Says: “Stop At The Crossroads And Look Around.
Ask For The Old, Godly Way, And Walk In It.
Travel Its Path, And You Will Find Rest For Your Souls.”

Living your life like God doesn’t exist – how is that working out for you? Take a minute to keep reading …

Scripture

Jeremiah 6

16 This is what the Lord says:
“Stop at the crossroads and look around.
    Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.
Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.
    But you reply, ‘No, that’s not the road we want!’


Observation

It is amazing how hardheaded that I can be! And maybe you are just like me.

Everyday God offers us a choice. This morning the choice is once again ours.

This week can be or I should say, “could be” so different for us if we decide to take the old, godly way, and we walk in it.

    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

23 But my people have stubborn and rebellious hearts.
    They have turned away and abandoned me.
24 They do not say from the heart,
    ‘Let us live in awe of the Lord our God,
for he gives us rain each spring and fall,
    assuring us of a harvest when the time is right.’
25 Your wickedness has deprived you of these wonderful blessings.
    Your sin has robbed you of all these good things. Jeremiah 5:23-25


 15 But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? 

But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

Application

I admit that I am hardheaded but I am smart enough to know that putting God first in my life is the right thing for me to do. I will serve the Lord with all of my heart. How about you? Living your life like God doesn’t exist – how is that working out for you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that everyday that I have a choice. I either live my life for You or I live life like You do not exist. I know that I am a sinner and I know that many times I do things that break Your heart, but You are the most important Person in my life. Help me to serve You with all of my heart.

I pray for anyone reading this blog that has been living life for his or her own self and they know that life as they are living it is not bringing them meaning, purpose, or joy. I pray that this morning that they decide to take the old, godly way, and walk in it. Now is the time for them to make the change. Give them the power and strength and willing hearts today to put You first.


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 5,6; John 12

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: