Wednesday, August 12, 2015

So Correct Me LORD, But Please Be Gentle


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So Correct Me
LORD,
But Please Be Gentle

I had to smile when I read Jeremiah’s prayer. I had to share it with Kathy! You and I are like the Prophet Jeremiah and we just like Jeremiah tend to drift off course. If that is where we find ourselves this morning then this is a great prayer than can turn us back in the right direction. This blog is very short this morning so take a minute to read on …



Scripture

Jeremiah 10

23 I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own.
    We are not able to plan our own course.
24 So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle.
    Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.


Observation

I had to smile when I read Jeremiah’s prayer. I had to share it with Kathy!

You and I are like the Prophet Jeremiah and we just like Jeremiah tend to drift off course.

We tend to naturally drift away from God and not toward Him. Maybe sin has caused us to make a major detour in our lives.

If that is where we find ourselves this morning then this is a great prayer than can turn us back in the right direction.

“So correct me, LORD, but please be gentle.”

God loves us just the way we are, but He loves us too much to let us stay just the way we are! He is our Heavenly Father. He is going to discipline those He loves.

Application

I will ask the Lord to gently correct me every time I go off course. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You say in Your Word, “For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11) Every time I get off course would You please correct me, Lord, but please be gentle!

Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 10,11,12; John 14

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. John 14:27

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: