Sunday, August 02, 2015

Wake Up And Look Around The Fields Are Already Ripe For Harvest


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Wake Up
And Look Around
The Fields Are Already Ripe For Harvest

I am supposed to teach the I-Reach class today at Christ Fellowship! I do plan to teach the class, but I am not going to teach the way I have taught it in the past! I am getting out of the “Rut”. We will have a great time. We will be better prepared to share our faith when we finish!

Scripture

John 4

35 You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest. 36 The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike! 37 You know the saying, ‘One plants and another harvests.’ And it’s true.

Observation

It is easy to get into a routine and sometimes that routine turns into a “rut”. So on this Sunday morning, “Wake Up” and look around there is a field ripe for harvest!

What joy awaits you and me if we just get out there in the field and join in the harvest!

I am supposed to teach the I-Reach class today at Christ Fellowship! I do plan to teach the class, but I am not going to teach the way I have taught it in the past!

I am getting out of the “Rut”. We will have a great time. We will be better prepared to share our faith when we finish!

People need the Lord. And people that need the Lord are all around us! Look around the fields are already ripe for harvest.

The Samaritan woman ran all the way back to her village to others about Jesus.

May you and I have that same kind of love and excitement about our Savior!

Application

I will look for opportunities to share my faith. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me just go through the motions of the Christian life. Wake me up to all of the opportunities around me. Don’t let me miss a one. 

I pray for Pastor Bruce this morning as he preaches. Use him in a powerful way to speak to all of us. Don’t let us miss anything today that Your Holy Spirit is doing in our midst. Help us to be genuinely excited about our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 21; 2 Chronicles 33; John 4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: